James Ervin Ford Lincoln Mercury, Lugoff SC

Columbia, South Carolina 3 comments

I signed paperwork for 2 vehicles on Friday.Took the 2007 Ford Escape to Charleston for the week-end.

Escape got 14.5 MPG on the Highway. Returned to lot on Sunday evening and returned on Monday to complain that Escape did not get better mileage than the 2007 Jeep (26 MPG) I had also purchased. I traded a 2005 Expedition and split (upside down balance) of $10,000 between both vehicles. Was told they would find a comparable car for me.

The following Monday was informed the Escape was mine, the had their money from the bank and for me to come pick up the Escape. This is the twist, the loan is in my husbands name, who has never stepped foot on the car lot, (I am a co-signer), I told them I would return that first Monday w/a copy of his drivers license for the bank, but the situation warranted me to hold on to that until another car was produced. The dealerships submitted the papers to the bank, knowing that they were lacking his license and that I did not want the Ford Escape.

I am working w/Wachovia to try to void the loans but the dealerships is acting very unreasonable!

Review about: Vehicles Purchase.

Comments

You can't return a car because it does not get the gas milage you want it to ***!!!

BTW,Mr.Ervin has been in the car business for a LOOOONNNNG time and is the kindest most giving person you could ever meet.

So to the Old Ford Man....don't speak unless you know what you are talking about.

how did the papers get to the dealership with his signature???

Gubengairlangga, Jawa Timur, Indonesia #23905

I am not surprised.I have heard nothing but bad reports from this dealership.

They can't keep help, they make promises they can't keep, and I am giving them less than a year and they will be gone.

Mr.Ervin can't be trusted!